- What personal information does Minjerribah Camping collect?
- How and why does Minjerribah Camping collect information?
- Use and disclosure of personal information
- Anonymity and pseudonymity
- Access and correction
- Storage and security
- Relevant contacts
Privacy and third party organisations
What personal information does Minjerribah Camping collect?
Minjerribah Camping collects a wide range of personal information in the course of its operations, for purposes that are directly related to its core functions or activities. Minjerribah Camping collects personal information about you for the following reasons:
- Because we need it to provide a product or service you have requested – such as making a booking, or providing an email newsletter.
- Because you have provided it to us – by making a booking for camping or the purchase of a Vehicle Access Permit, by asking us a questions or making a complaint, or by registering for an email newsletter
- Because we are trying to improve our services, or your experience of our services – by collecting information about you, your preferences, and your use of our services.
- Because of your relationship with us – if you work for Minjerribah Camping, or are applying for a job, work experience placement, or an internship.
- For any other purpose related to the above.
How and why does Minjerribah Camping collect information?
Information you give us
Minjerribah Camping collects personal information, which is given to us by you. You may do this because you wish to receive a particular service, or because you wish to give us feedback or make a complaint (see section 2 above).
When Minjerribah Camping collects personal information from you, we will generally inform you of the reason the information is being collected and how we will use it (unless the reason for collection is self-evident).
Data we collect from your use of digital services
If you use Minjerribah Camping’s digital services, Minjerribah Camping and its internet service provider will automatically gather information about your visits. This information is aggregated, and is effectively anonymous to us. It helps us to improve our services by showing us what visitors do and don’t use. It also assists us in detecting any problems with our service. Information gathered includes:
- the user’s server (IP) address;
- the user’s top-level domain name (e.g. .au, .com, .gov);
- the date and time of the visit;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- advertising click-through metrics;
- the previous site visited; and
- the type of browser used.
No attempt will be made to identify Minjerribah Camping website users or their browsing activities except as required by a law enforcement agency exercising a warrant to inspect the service provider’s logs.
Information that you give us via third party platforms or services
Information from other sources
In some circumstances, Minjerribah Camping may source information about you which is on the public record, or can be requested from third parties. For example, when you apply for a job or internship at Minjerribah Camping, Minjerribah Camping will seek information from you directly, but may also collect information about you from third parties (including your previous employers and recruitment consultants).
Use and disclosure of personal information
Minjerribah Camping may use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide a service that you’ve requested;
- to measure your experience with Minjerribah Camping’s services;
- to customise, enhance or improve Minjerribah Camping’s services;
- to provide technical support, or respond to any enquiries;
- if permitted or required by law;
- it is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to a person’s life or health; or
- if you consent to the disclosure (this may be express or implied).
- Minjerribah Camping may seek to re-publish content you provide to us (for example, competition entries or social media posts, together with your name or social media ID).
If data about your use of Minjerribah Camping’s digital services is de-identified, aggregated or otherwise made anonymous, Minjerribah Camping may collect, use and share that information for any purpose with third parties provided that in doing so we do not reveal any personal information and the use is related to Minjerribah Camping’s activities.
In providing and managing the services offered by Minjerribah Camping, Minjerribah Camping may need to make your information available to third party services and content providers, including providers of cloud services, website hosts, and other companies. These third parties may be located overseas in countries including the USA, Europe and Singapore
Anonymity and pseudonymity
Where possible, you may interact with Minjerribah Camping anonymously should you choose to do so. For example, if you wish to provide feedback without requiring a response from Minjerribah Camping, you will not be required to provide a full name or email address.
However, in some cases it will not be practicable to interact with you anonymously, or it may be impossible to provide the service you are requesting without some form of personal information. For example, if you wish to subscribe to a Minjerribah Camping email newsletter, an email address must be provided.
Access and correction
Individuals are entitled to obtain access to records that contain personal information about them, except to the extent that Minjerribah Camping is required or authorised to refuse access under any law of the Commonwealth that provides for access by persons to documents (e.g. the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth)).
Individuals can obtain information regarding access to records that contain personal information about them by contacting the Minjerribah Guest Services Manager (see Relevant Contacts below). Individuals may also seek the correction of any information held by Minjerribah Camping.
Minjerribah Camping will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, relevant to its purpose, up to date, complete and not misleading.
Storage and security
Depending on how we received your personal information, Minjerribah Camping may store it in electronic and hard copy format.
In some instances, including where you are using third party social media platforms to engage with Minjerribah Camping, these platforms are not under the control of Minjerribah Camping. If security is of concern to you, we encourage you to carefully consider the terms and conditions and security used by any third party platform.
If you think that an act or practice of Minjerribah Camping has interfered with your privacy you may make a complaint to Minjerribah Camping. You will need to identify yourself and provide your complaint in written form addressed to the Minjerribah Camping Guest Services Manager (see Relevant contacts below).
The Minjerribah Camping Guest Services Manager will investigate your complaint and will endeavour to provide a written response within 30 days of receipt of the complaint setting out Minjerribah Camping’s decision.
If you are dissatisfied with Minjerribah Camping’s response to your complaint you can take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (see below). The Australian Information Commissioner may then investigate and attempt to conciliate the matter.
+61 7 3409 9668
Guest Services Manager
PO Box 160,
Australian Information Commissioner
Contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
Contact details are set out on the OAIC website: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint
Enquiries line: 1300 363 992
If calling from outside Australia call +61 2 9284 9749
TTY: call 133 677 then ask for 1300 363 992
Speak and Listen users: call 1300 555 727 then ask for 1300 363 992
Internet relay users: connect to the National Relay Service then ask for 1300 363 992
+61 2 9284 9666
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001